The Albion Foundation works in partnership with West Bromwich Albion Football Club, using the medium of football and the kudos of the football club to provide sporting and educational opportunities to the most disadvantaged members of our local community.
We employ 46 full-time and 81 part-time staff, supplemented by more than 130 volunteers whose aim is to “Inspire to Achieve” on a daily basis.
We have established a reputation for delivering high quality programmes and are proud of the strong partnerships built over a sustained period of time.
Our strategic principles are as follows:
- To make a difference and raise aspirations,
- To connect West Bromwich Albion FC to its Community,
- To grow our own and the local community.
We have a clear vision for the future of the Foundation where we strive for the following:
- To be the best deliverer of football (and selected sports) activities in the country
- To be the best alternative education provider in the country
Our key focus areas of work are as follows (Please click on each heading for more information):
- Adding value to local schools,
- Providing a second chance
- Mentoring the most disadvantaged.
- Adding value to special schools
- Providing opportunities
- Developing relationships to make real differences to lives.
- Inspiring love of sport,
- Providing a quality pathway
- Growing our own staff and players
An opportunity to represent West Bromwich Albion and wear the club colours in a range of sports through a professional structure providing opportunities to perform at an elite level.
“I would like to praise The Albion Foundation for all of their superb work. They are a great example for community projects throughout the country and are leading the way with initiatives like this.” Simon Morgan – Head of Community, Premier League